November 12, 2018

Harvest Monday, 11/12/18

Clockwise from the left are mixed choys, Toraziroh, and Mizspoona gene pool.
Canton White pak choy. I harvested whole plants because they're overcrowded and their bed is too shaded. Even the fast growing broccoli raab in that bed is slow growing, it's just now starting to gain some size.

There's been quite a few light frosts, but I'm hoping a hard frost won't come until December. Even then I'm planning to use garden fleece and straw, if I can actually fine straw.

Please join us at Harvest Monday hosted by Dave at Our Acres.

8 comments:

Sue Garrett said...

We are at the stage where we won’t have anything to harvest some weeks.

Michelle said...

Another harvest of gorgeous greens. It's so nice to see.

Dave @ HappyAcres said...

Lovely greens! They are calling for snow and freezing rain here later this week. Straw has been hard to find here too. Thankfully I had one bale left to cover my garlic.

Margaret said...

So lovely - fingers crossed you get that hard frost later rather than sooner!

Kathy said...

Those greens look so lush and fresh!

Shaheen said...

I love your wonderfully vibrant fresh mixed choys, Toraziroh, and Mizspoona. I am so stunned they are pretty perfect too, not chewed like my greens by pests. Enjoy!

Shaheen said...

Your greens are amazing, esp the Toraziroh, and Mizspoon. Its nice to see them without holes by munching pests!

Phuong said...

Hi Shaheen,
I do think beneficial nematodes are helpful in controlling flea beetles that attack brassicas, which seem to be our main culprit of damage. Although, caterpillars can be terrible as well. I've pretty much given up on spring planted brassicas, except for kohlrabi which don't seem as bothered.