May 18, 2013

Gardening Tool Fears

So I have this weird little fear when it comes to use larger gardening tools like a sharpened shovel or a hoe which my husband keeps sharpened with a grinder and file. There's always this thought in the back of my mind that I'm going to inadvertently cut off a toe or two with these gardening instruments. These thoughts probably stem from that bizarre Johnny Depp movie, Secret Window, where he uses a sharpened shovel for nefarious reasons.

The whole movie is unrealistic and has a weird surreal mood, but then that shovel scene is shockingly real.

Ugh. Just thinking about that movie gives me shivers. Also, I am very clumsy. So the fear of maiming myself is probably justified.

2 comments:

Annie*s Granny said...

Garden tools, or power tools for that matter, don't frighten me, but I have a heavy rolling gate at one end of my garden, and I manage to roll it over my foot every time I open or close it! EVERY TIME! I never learn!

Phuong said...

Ouch, that sounds painful. It's like the gate is out to get you.